Battle of Longwoods Scout / Guide Camp Weekend
Scout / Guide Camp at Longwoods Road Conservation Area
Looking for a fun, unique, interesting, informative, educational and all around different Scout / Guide Camp experience? Plan on attending the ‘Battle of Longwoods’ Scout / Guide Camp.
The first weekend in May the Upper Thames Military Reenactment Society is hosting the Battle of Longwoods at Longwoods Road Conservation Area. Once again the opportunity is open to Scouts and Guides to plan a weekend camp during the Battle Re-enactment weekend. The Upper Thames Military Re-enactment Society rents the park for the weekend’s event and are making it available to a limited number of Scouts and Guides for a truly different Camp experience. The number of Scouts and Guides will be kept to a small number and the reservations will be taken by group, first come first served. Costs are kept very low per person to allow for all to enjoy.
Your unit will enjoy:
- Camping in a natural area
- Experiencing the life of an 1812 soldier
- Seeing how the soldiers of 1812 defended Canada from American invaders
- Visiting the merchants and their 1812 merchandise for sale
- Visiting with the re-enactors in their camp
- Being trained as a British soldier from 1812
You will be provided with a designated camping area, firewood, and washroom facilities. Each attendee will also receive a Battle of The Longwoods badge. Camping is available from Friday evening at 4:30 p.m. to Sunday evening at 5:00 p.m.
- The camp grounds are open to the public between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m on Saturday, and between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm on Sunday; no vehicles permitted on site between 9:30 am and closing.
- The Lower Thames Conservation Authority rules apply to all attendees.
- There are no indoor spaces available. Attendees should dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
- Fee per cub, scout, guide, etc is $20.00 for the weekend
- Payment at time of registration will be $100.00 (see bottom of page for payment information)
- The balance due must be paid before setting up your camp
- Please check in at the registration cabin when you arrive on site before you set up camp
- Registrations will be accepted on a first come, first served basis until the maximum number of attendees has been booked.
To register your scout or guide group, please complete the registration form below:
Scout Registration Form
Cheque, made payable to “Upper Thames Military Reenactment Society”
UTMRS c/o Shayna McKay
151 Delmont Ave.
PayPal payment to email@example.com