It’s time to think about a Fun Camping trip to Longwoods Conservation Area
Saturday May 4th and Sunday May 5th, 2019.
Sponsored by the Upper Thames Military Reenactment Society (www.royal-scots.com)
For Cubs, Scouts and Guides it is an opportunity to:
- Camp in a natural area
- Experience the life of an 1800’s soldier
- Witness the military parade competition of re-enactor units
- See how the soldiers of the 1800’s defended Canada from American invaders
- Visit the merchants and their 1800’s merchandise for sale
- Visit with the re-enactors in their camp
- Be trained in the basic skills required British soldier in the 1800’s
You will be provided with designated camping area, firewood and washroom facilities and each attendee will receive a Battle of The Longwoods badge. Camping is available from Friday evening after 5:00 p.m. to Sunday evening till 5:00 p.m.
- The camp grounds are open to the public between 10:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- From 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. no private vehicles are permitted in the grounds
- The Lower Thames Conservation Authority rules apply to all attendees
- Fee per cub, scout, guide, etc is $15.00 for the weekend
- Payment at time of registration will be $100.00 or 50% of the total amount due.
- The balance due must be paid before setting up your camp
- Contact Barb Urbach @ 519-358-5762 when you arrive on site before you set up camp
- Please advise us on the projected number of attendees at the time of registration
- Registrations will be accepted on a first come first served basis until the maximum number of attendees has been booked.
Scout Registration Form
Cheque Payable to Upper Thames Military Re-enactment Society (UTMRS)
Mail to – Upper Thames Military Reenactment Society
1788 Longwoods Road P.O. Box 38
Remember to have the attendees dress appropriate for the WEATHER conditions
If you have any questions or comments please let us know